I'm sure many science fiction writers see the NASA Messenger's images of Mercury as great fodder for their story idea mill. Imagine living on Mercury with its 88 day years. How many birthdays would you have now?
Sun-scorched Mercury is only slightly larger than Earth's Moon. Like the Moon, Mercury has very little atmosphere to stop impacts, and it is covered with craters. Mercury's dayside is super-heated by the sun, but at night temperatures drop hundreds of degrees below freezing. Ice may even exist in craters. Mercury's egg-shaped orbit takes it around the sun every 88 days.
To read more about Mercury at NASA, click here!
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (33)
- Mercury Rising
- Creating Short Stories 03
- New York Times Best Sellers
- Amazing Wildlife: Reality StrangetrThan Science Fi...
- Children's Book Sales Down
- This Is True for "How To Write," Too
- Creating Short Stories 02
- New York Times Best Seller List; Fiction
- Why Sci-Fi 02 H. G. Wells
- Publishers Weekly Reports Amazing News
- Moon - Official Science Fiction Trailer
- Creating Short Stories
- Best Sellers
- Why Sci-Fi?
- How I Became Addicted – 2.0
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2009 (13)