Combined Print & E-Book Fiction
1. WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, by Sara Gruen. (Algonquin.) After his parents die in a car accident, a young veterinary student — and an elephant — save a Depression-era circus.
2. THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett. (Penguin Group.) A young white woman and two black maids in 1960s Mississippi.
3. SOMETHING BORROWED, by Emily Giffin. (St. Martin's.) A maid of honor to her charmed friend, Rachel White has always played by the rules. But that changes on her 30th birthday.
4. 10TH ANNIVERSARY, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. (Little, Brown.) Detective Lindsay Boxer and the Women’s Murder Club race to find a missing baby.
5. BURIED PREY, by John Sandford. (Penguin Group.) The Minneapolis detective Lucas Davenport investigates the murders of two girls who were kidnapped in 1985.
6. DEAD RECKONING, by Charlaine Harris. (Penguin Group.) The telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse seeks the culprit in a firebombing.
7. THE SIXTH MAN, by David Baldacci. (Grand Central.) The lawyer for an alleged serial killer is murdered, and two former Secret Service agents are on the case.
8. A GAME OF THRONES, by George R. R. Martin. (Random House.) In the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are mustering.
9. FRANKENSTEIN: THE DEAD TOWN, by Dean Koontz. (Random House.) Book 5 in the reimagining of the classic tale.
10. THE JEFFERSON KEY, by Steve Berry. (Random House.) The former government operative Cotton Malone foils an assassination attempt on the president and finds himself at dangerous odds with a secret society.
Visit the New York Times
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (33)
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2009 (13)